Calling writers

Moderator: ok666

Channex
Scoreville-User

Calling writers

Post by Channex »

I'm currently working on a completely new conversation system to replace the current. Right now it's mostly in design-phase where I try various code approaches out. As I see it, the new system could really make the game much more fun and immersive. I am, however, not a great writer and specially not in the erotic genre, so anyone who is interested in helping out with the development and want to write some dialog/conversation/events: Please PM me for details.

I am considering how to include per-girl customization as well as custom expansion of the conversations (fear not - I have read all the feature requests), but I believe the game should have a well-written core.

/C
ShenTen
Scoreville-User

Re: Calling writers

Post by ShenTen »

i think you are right, and a per-girl option would definatly help make the game alot better.

i dont have any real idea of what dialogue you are looking to create, and i have never writen any erotic fiction, but i have been told that i do quite well with the written word

i would gladly offer my assistance to this project, if you need it.
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

I am pretty much down for that, I can help writing some dialogs :)
secretsaws

Post by secretsaws »

I'd like to contribute as well.
The new versions of the game have great features, but the conversations are definitely lacking in comparison, and could use an overhaul.

In addition to your existing feature requests:

I've been trying to tinker with some of the AIML files to see if anything could be done with the existing system.
For example, a lot of the questions you ask give you different versions of only one reply, except in the case of questions related to stats that have been specified, eg. 'Which country are you from?' 'Do you have tattoos?'

So let's say the question 'Do you have a boyfriend?' is always some variant of 'No.'
If there was a stat in the girlpack creator where you could pick their status - Single, In a relationship, In an Open Relationship, Engaged, Married, Separated, Divorced, Widowed, then we could make the the replies represent that, and be a lot more dynamic as a result.

I tried a quick experiment, and tied the girl's relationship to the tattoo statistic. No tattoo=yes to boyfriend, Tattoo=no to boyfriend. Here's the replaced code:

Code: Select all

<category>
	<pattern>DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND</pattern>
	<template>
			<condition>
				<li name="Tattoos" value="true">
					<random>
						<li>No. You think I would allow you to flirt with me like this if I did?</li>
						<li>I like to keep myself footloose and fancy free.</li>
						<li>I don't normally like to be tied down.</li>
						<li>No, why? Are you interested in the position?</li>
						<li>Boyfriends are so passe.</li>
						<li>Maybe if the right guy came along...</li>
						<li>Boyfriends, haha! How quaint.</li>
						<li>Not really. Hard to find a good man these days.</li>
					</random>
				</li>
				<li name="Tattoos" value="false">
					<random>
						<li>Well maybe, but why should stop a girl from playing the field, hmm?</li>
						<li>Yes actually. He'd be jealous as hell if he knew about you.</li>
						<li>I guess you could say that.</li>
						<li>Let's not talk about that at the moment.</li>
						<li>Maybe, but it's not all that serious.</li>
						<li>You like hitting on other guys' girlfriends, do you? *giggle*</li>
						<li>He's not important, don't worry.</li>
						<li>Well, nobody that can't be dumped if the right guy came along! *wink*</li>
					</random>
				</li>
			</condition>
			<think><set name="Attraction">3</set></think>
		</template>
</category>
Obviously, if there was a coder helping out, things could be a lot more clean and efficient, and the possibilities could be a lot more.

If you want to reach me for some writing work, you can send a mail to secretsaws@gmail.com