Need help encoding videos

Moderator: ok666

Jiggle
Scoreville-User

Need help encoding videos

Post by Jiggle »

Hello guys !

I might need some help, I'm working on my first girlpack.

I have cut the scenes and they are all in 1280x720 because I'm using easy movie maker on windows to cut them.

I would like to use a better format so they use less space like 720x265. The video are in .MP4.

Should I let them like that ? I tried to convert them with VLC into 720x264 but the quality isn't as good as thought. Should I use something else to convert them than VLC, or use another format ?

I like for exemple the videos in the caprice jane pack or the peta jensen one (in 720x265) but my videos don't have the same quality.
Arkintoofle
Scoreville-User

Re: Need help encoding videos

Post by Arkintoofle »

Just use Freemake Video Converter, convert to MP4, and choose DVD quality. That's what I do. Just make sure none of your clips are longer than 5 minutes, or they'll get a splash screen added to the end.
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

You can use the build-in converter of the editors. First define format and quality via "File - Options", then use either "Video - Convert Video File" or "Video - Convert Girlpack".

Since we are using FFMpeg for conversion, you can familiarize yourself with this program. It is capable to convert, scale and cut videos. No nag/splash screen... :zahn:
Jiggle
Scoreville-User

Post by Jiggle »

Thanks for the answers !

I have found an acceptable one with VLC (after a lot of tries :D)

But I'll try the one with the editor, might be the easiest one, and I'll probably get a better quality. :)