Deactivate previous

Moderator: ok666

Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Deactivate previous

Post by Kebaboni »

Yo Fam! Wanted to ask. The function of Deactivate previous - what does it actually do? After you use that scene with deactivation, the previous one becomes unavailable?
Arkintoofle
Scoreville-User

Re: Deactivate previous

Post by Arkintoofle »

It makes it impossible for the player to click any of the previous clips in the scene once you reach that point. Make sure you're prepared to deal with a 0 arousal girl where the player no longer has access to the clips before that.
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

Cool. That would make it more interesting. Will try in my packs
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

It's there to make scenes more realistic: If you meet the girl, do some kissing + foreplay and she undresses finally, you can't go back to the previous positions.
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

Yeah I understood, I have been talking about this earlier. I just suggested to make arousal requirement ranges. But this works too.
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

Ok, so I tested it. Understood how it works, but there is one BUT, don't know if it's a bug or not, but the thing is if you click the scene, that deactivates the previous ones, but you don't have enough arousal to play that scene it still deactivates the scenes. Should it be so or not? Because in this case it's an automatic fail on the sex.
Arkintoofle
Scoreville-User

Post by Arkintoofle »

Sounds like a bug to me.

I find the deactivation feature to be a bit limited. It's particularly the fact that you can only deactivate from one specific clip that is a problem. Let's say you've got a girl who's dressed through half of your clips, then naked in the second half. Once she's undressed, you don't want the player to return to the clips from her clothed state. The only realistic way to achieve something like this today is to set the first nude clip to deactivate previous, but what happens if the player skips that clip and goes directly to another nude one? And what if you want the player to click a clip where the girl undresses before he gets access to the nude clips? There's no way to do it.

The way I'd like it to work is like this:

- Each clip belongs to a stage. All new and existing scenes are considered to have just one stage, and all its clips are automatically assigned to this stage.
- Each stage may start out locked if the pack creator wants it to. When a stage is locked, all its clips are disabled in the scene.
- Any clip in the scene may unlock a specific locked stage by being successfully played. This would cover my example above with the nude vs clothed clips. In order to access the nude stage of the scene, the player has to successfully play the clip where the girl strips.
- If more than one clip unlocks the same stage, the player must play all those clips in order to unlock the stage. This lets the pack creator get a little creative with progression and requirements for a scene.
- A clip may be automatically disabled once the player unlocks a specific stage, regardless of what stage that clip belongs to. This lets the player disable access to the clips that would unlock stages that no longer make sense based on the scene's narrative.
- A scene may contain multiple stages.
- For added fun, let the pack creator optionally assign multiple stages to the same clip if he wants to. That way you can handle the equivalent of multiple conditions in a scripting language. Example: IF the girl has stripped AND you've played the initial anal penetration clip, THEN allow access to the clips featuring fully nude anal sex. Handled by assigning two different stages to those clips, one for the nudity requirement, and one for the penetration requirement.
- A cumshot clip may have a prerequisite stage, which means that the player must have unlocked that stage in order to access that specific cumshot. Probably best handled by simply assigning the cumshot clip to that stage.
- Unlocking a scene may also lock one or more different stages. For example, if you've got a stage for clothed sex and one stage for nude sex, unlocking the nude stage would no longer allow access to the clothed stage. This could also allow advanced users to diverge a scene by having the player choose to advance in one of several directions, unlocking one potential stage while locking others.
- Optionally, each stage may have a minimum arousal rating for the girl(s). As soon as the player has unlocked this stage, the girl's arousal rating may never drop below this minimum for any reason, which makes it easier to add arousal requirements to clips without needing access to earlier clips that may now be locked. No more having to sprinkle clips with 0 arousal requirements throughout the scene to make sure the player can never get stuck.

I tried to make the feature idea as basic as possible. The above concepts should all be able to be handled through regular drop-down lists in the same way as the existing scene features. This functionality doesn't replace any existing features except the "disable previous" feature.
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

Your insights are nice and that's why I suggested earlier to make it a tree-type advancement in the sex scenes, but I guess such major changes would change the game entirely and all the packs would need to be remade from scratch - that's the main problem I guess. However you can "lock" scenes and can limit the use of scenes in the editor by setting arousal requirement and how many times a scene can be played.
Arkintoofle
Scoreville-User

Post by Arkintoofle »

That's the thing with my suggestions above: They don't invalidate existing packs. Any scenes that weren't made with stages in mind just default to having one stage where all the clips belong to it already. It just doesn't do anything unless you start messing around with stages deliberately as a pack creator.