Object reference error in "Handyman"

Moderator: ok666

4me4u
Scoreville-User

Object reference error in "Handyman"

Post by 4me4u »

First, great work with the new two-girls editor and all the new improvements. You seem to even managed to correct the "save-error" in the editor. Previously you had to reload the girlpack after every save, otherwise it all went very wrong.
I soon finally can get rid of all the backup files on my HD. Kudos! :super:

But now to the error: If I try to flirt with a girl who I don't have an sufficient req relations with for the Handyman scene, I get an: object reference not set to an instance of an object message.
For instance, if I only have a req rel value of 4 with the girl calling for help and the scene demands it to be at least a 5 req value rating.

Edit:
Come to think of it, maybe it's a good idea to only have the Handyman jobs that's available for you (req value-wise) to pop up?
The more girls you get to know, and the more you get to know them, the more "Handyman jobs" will then pop up further on.
ok666
Scoreville-User

Re: Object reference error in "Handyman"

Post by ok666 »

4me4u wrote:First, great work with the new two-girls editor and all the new improvements. You seem to even managed to correct the "save-error" in the editor. Previously you had to reload the girlpack after every save, otherwise it all went very wrong.
Yes, this one dated back to the very first version, years ago. See also: http://scoreville.die-links-welt.de/boa ... ?f=5&t=547
4me4u wrote:I soon finally can get rid of all the backup files on my HD. Kudos! :super:
Well, if work on a girlpack is done, you can delete all external files. You are always able to save a scene to disk to get the orginal files back.
4me4u wrote:But now to the error: If I try to flirt with a girl who I don't have an sufficient req relations with for the Handyman scene, I get an: object reference not set to an instance of an object message.
For instance, if I only have a req rel value of 4 with the girl calling for help and the scene demands it to be at least a 5 req value rating.
Fixed. Was related to the answers available during flirt.
4me4u wrote:Come to think of it, maybe it's a good idea to only have the Handyman jobs that's available for you (req value-wise) to pop up?
The more girls you get to know, and the more you get to know them, the more "Handyman jobs" will then pop up further on.
Not good. Imagine the handyman scene is the sole scene of that girl. How do you raise relationship with the lady? With my fix the flirt button is red, you can now talk to the girl and raise relation that way.
4me4u
Scoreville-User

Post by 4me4u »

ok666 wrote:Well, if work on a girlpack is done, you can delete all external files. You are always able to save a scene to disk to get the orginal files back.
Yea I know, but since the packs easily could get corrupted if I forgot to load them after each save when I was working with them or later added new scenes to them, I kept all the original files just in case. But now it feels more safe to finally get rid of all external files. (I just need to double-check that a pack is still not corrupted first)
ok666 wrote:Fixed. Was related to the answers available during flirt.
:super:
ok666 wrote:Not good. Imagine the handyman scene is the sole scene of that girl. How do you raise relationship with the lady? With my fix the flirt button is red, you can now talk to the girl and raise relation that way.
You're right, didn't think about that scenario. That would be indeed tricky.
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

4me4u wrote:Yea I know, but since the packs easily could get corrupted if I forgot to load them after each save when I was working with them or later added new scenes to them, I kept all the original files just in case.
No, as long as the external files were there, the girlpacks weren't corrupted. Remember: If the movie file is found it will be used as source for saving, only if no external file is found the girlpack itself is the source. So you could happily delete the movies if you were done. Really done, no last minute changes. :)
4me4u wrote:You're right, didn't think about that scenario. That would be indeed tricky.
Keep an eye out for more such scenarios. I'm always on the lookout for general solutions, so one fix fits all. Tomcat could tell you stories... :zahn:
DirtyPigeon

Post by DirtyPigeon »

ok666 wrote: Fixed. Was related to the answers available during flirt.
Is that something we can fix ourselves in the aiml file?
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

Sorry, no. If your relationship is not high enough, there is a girl, but not a scene. This will crash while the bot loads its flirt answers.

Try to raise relationship with the girl by other means and avoid her until then.