Deactivate Previous can make scenes "unwinnable"

Moderator: ok666

Arkintoofle
Scoreville-User

Deactivate Previous can make scenes "unwinnable"

Post by Arkintoofle »

I love the Deactivate Previous feature, but I've seen girlpack creators abuse the feature, setting it to True near the end of a long list of positions in a scene that has strict arousal requirements. The result is that if you get to a point where all previous positions are deactivated and you then lose arousal (which is common in such packs), you can no longer do anything at all. This makes no sense from any point of view, and should be changed.

Since this applies to already existing girlpacks, creating incredibly frustrating scenes, a fix would need to be retroactive. I suggest the following:

- Any position with Deactivate Previous set to False must have its Req. Arousal set to 0 for all girls involved. This should be a requirement in the editor that automatically sets the Req. Arousal box and disables it until Deactivate Previous is turned off.
- During gameplay, if a scene is read where Req. Arousal for a position is anything other than 0 and the same position's Deactivate Previous is set to True, override whatever the girlpack creator put in the Req. Arousal field for that position and treat it as a 0.

I'm tired of having to edit these packs manually to fix them after running into problem scenes by accident in the game. If girlpack creators can't be trusted to handle this feature with care, a heavier hand must be used.
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Re: Deactivate Previous can make scenes "unwinnable"

Post by Kebaboni »

I guess it's addressed to my girlpacks ^^ I do not actually abuse it, I just make the last position to deactivate previous ones because I want it to end on that position but it's mostly when arousal is between 80-90, so logically it would be cool to end at that position. However I could not disagree that there is a problem with that. I guess it should be programmed to deactivate previous positions only when the deactivating position is actually played, as I have noticed that it deactivates previous positions even if there is not enough arousal for the position to be played. However there is a cool part to deactivation, the game becomes more challenging and you need to play a scene few times to actually see it all. It brings dynamics and a bit of interest when you are maxed out. But however I would apply a fix that would deactivate only after the position is actually played.
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

Aaaaaaaand what did I tell you guys last year?

http://scoreville.die-links-welt.de/boa ... =140#p2857
I don't know if you understood me. Let's say you hit the position which deactivates all previous ones. Now, if you click onto a position the girl is not ready for she loses arousal. If you fall below the threshold needed for the first enabled position you can't continue.
I will see if I can move the disable function a little further along the way...
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

ok666 wrote:Aaaaaaaand what did I tell you guys last year?

http://scoreville.die-links-welt.de/boa ... =140#p2857
I don't know if you understood me. Let's say you hit the position which deactivates all previous ones. Now, if you click onto a position the girl is not ready for she loses arousal. If you fall below the threshold needed for the first enabled position you can't continue.
I will see if I can move the disable function a little further along the way...
Oh :D Slipped by I guess :D However if you learn the pattern it is easy, that's why I as a pack creator change the patterns ^^ I guess for most it's a "Ijustwannastroke" game but I want to bring some other flava to it too, to be challenging a bit at least :D
Arkintoofle
Scoreville-User

Post by Arkintoofle »

Kebaboni wrote:Oh :D Slipped by I guess :D However if you learn the pattern it is easy, that's why I as a pack creator change the patterns ^^ I guess for most it's a "Ijustwannastroke" game but I want to bring some other flava to it too, to be challenging a bit at least :D
Challenges can be fun, but what you're describing is a game of chance the first time you play a scene, and then rote memorization among what could possibly be thousands of scenes afterwards. That's neither fun nor challenging; it's just random.

Thanks for pointing out that the feature kicks in even when a position "fails" though. I had entirely forgotten about that, and it's even worse for scene progression than what I was talking about in my post.
KidD001
Scoreville-User

Post by KidD001 »

Kebaboni wrote: Fri 3. Jun 2016, 18:57 I guess it's addressed to my girlpacks ^^ I do not actually abuse it, I just make the last position to deactivate previous ones because I want it to end on that position but it's mostly when arousal is between 80-90, so logically it would be cool to end at that position. However I could not disagree that there is a problem with that. I guess it should be programmed to deactivate previous positions only when the deactivating position is actually played, as I have noticed that it deactivates previous positions even if there is not enough arousal for the position to be played. However there is a cool part to deactivation, the game becomes more challenging and you need to play a scene few times to actually see it all. It brings dynamics and a bit of interest when you are maxed out. But however I would apply a fix that would deactivate only after the position is actually played.
I think I encountered one that somehow stop all scene, girls arousal dropped then all not working except finish button (if I remember correctly - happened to me 2 nights ago :ohno )

Also the arousal requirement for next scene feature, maybe change the button color to other than red?
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

Well, better luck next time. It shouldn't be that easy to get all the girls and see all the scenes.