Fullscreen mode ?

Moderator: ok666

Jiggle
Scoreville-User

Fullscreen mode ?

Post by Jiggle »

Hello,

Is there a way to play in fullscreen mode ? And by fullscreen mode I mean not having the "window mode".

I'm playing on a small laptop and it's sometimes hard to play some video, like the one from peta jensen pack or some other girls. Even though I try to optimize it a lot, it's still hard to play some scences correctly.
To be able to play it fullscreen mode will help to optimize the game for those who don't have a great computer.
It can be also more conveniant :D
ok666
Scoreville-User

Re: Fullscreen mode ?

Post by ok666 »

What do you mean by fullscreen mode? You actually can maximize the game window, clicking the appropriate button on the window's title bar.

The screen size, however, has nothing to do with playing some of the videos. The Peta Jensen pack you mentioned is using a newer video standard (HEVC = high efficiency video coding), which is very taxing on the hardware. There is nothing we can do about that. You yourself can encode the videos using an older standard, say AVC.
Jiggle
Scoreville-User

Post by Jiggle »

I know I can maximize the video and that's not what I was talking about.
I'm talking about having a fullscreen mode ; it would mean that to get out of the game you would have to quit the game or to alt+tab. You see what I mean ?

And I also know for the coding of those videos.

I may be wrong, but having the game on full screen and not on maximized window mode may help the game to run smoother. It taxes less on the hardware. Everytime I was playing a game, playing it on fullscreen helped running it smoother.

Am I wrong ?
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

This is not a DirectX game! Scoreville is using .NET and features an embedded video player. All movies are played externally by VLC and rendered within the game.
Jiggle
Scoreville-User

Post by Jiggle »

Oh okay, didn't know how it was working. Lack of knowledge there :roll:

Subject is closed then, I'll try to rencode them if I don't get them working correctly (the videos).