What is this?

Moderator: ok666

Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

What is this?

Post by Kebaboni »

What is this and why it is needed? That white prompting table when I hover my mouse pointer over the position name? Do we actually need this in game?
ok666
Scoreville-User

Re: What is this?

Post by ok666 »

This is the hint window. It was always there, in case the text of the position button is too long. With v3.1.6 the hint window was extended, it shows the two possible sex toys of the position. Just try it...
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

Can you make this adjustable in the settings, to be able to turn it off?
It's sometimes nice to know what kind of stuff you need for the position, but in the late game you always have everything and this thing kinda gets on my nerves :D
I just don't like it, so I would like to be able to turn it off :D
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

We could turn it off, but as said, it's also tied to the button text. Sometimes the text gets too long, especially with threesome positions, where each position contains the name of either girl.
tomcat0815
Administrator

Post by tomcat0815 »

In older versions the button shows a tooltip by mouseover.
Why should that be worse now? I don't understand. :gruebel:
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

If it was implemented in earlier versions at least it didn't caught my eye and that means it was good. Now it catches my eye unpleasantly, it hovers over the video screen. And actually for me it looks like a pointless thing at this point. At least this design. So it would be nice to have an option in game settings to be hide this during the game.
Regarding the position names I as a pack creator always try to keep it as short as possible, so I never faced a problem having the position name too long and not fitting in. Additional info like the requirement of toys is good, but when there was none it was more of mystery to guess what you need :D And the name of the position or most commonly gives a hint of what you need. For example "Oil her" - it's logical you will need MassageOil.
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

The hint window will vanish if you click a position button, so it does not cover the video. It will come back if you move the mouse to the next position, but will vanish again after clicking.

As to the packs, you are not the only creator out there. We, as the programmers, have to cope with different variants out there. :zahn: And your example "Oil her" is only one part of the truth, since you can tag two toys to the position. Perhaps a blindfold is also needed...
Kebaboni
Scoreville-User

Post by Kebaboni »

That's why I suggest not to remove it, but just to make it optional in the settings. Someone could leave it or hide it :)