Sex videos not playing.

Moderator: ok666

ok666
Scoreville-User

Re: Sex videos not playing.

Post by ok666 »

stheweb wrote:I have tested it - all Videos Play - no Problems.
Did you try several different video formats? Take a look at "SV Gamelog.txt", it will show you the filenames played. Also note the line:

Range: bytes=xxx-

with a value not equal to zero. That's where the new code will kick in.
stheweb wrote:When do you think the new Version arrive?
Patience, young padawan. This fix is not even a day old, it has to be thoroughly tested.
ScoreVilleRocks

Post by ScoreVilleRocks »

Hi all, Repost:
I did everything listed above first, and then (2.) opening Scoreville.Editor--> (3.) open a girlpack that did not play video and see if I could play the video in the editor. some avi videos work but most did not for me.-->( 4.)I then Extract each scene to a place where I had some room on the hard drive, Scoreville/ExtractScener.--> (4.) then while opening the scene I was able to Switch the .avi file extension video's to .mpg videos and " Poof " I had a working girlpack. (I mean the videos played in the editor) When I switched videos it gave me the opportunity to fine tune my girl packs with by resetting all the request and arousal levels, and by doing this I was able to fine tune my girls, also it gave me the opportunity to add, subtract, and mix the scenes around.(Play Director) I removed one video at time so I could keep the files in order. I found that this did not work for all my girl packs, ex Krystal.girlpack none of the .wmv worked for me, but it worked for most of girlpacks. VLC 2.13
win8.1, windows 7 Professional, and home.
This is a fantastic game,
Thank You Tomcat0815 for building and creating this beautiful game, also want to thank ok666, and all who put time and effort into this Game! Sorry for my English
Hope this helps, it helped me, Cheer's! I will get some Knarly Girlpacks up as soon as I have time figure it out.
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

You should be able to play all video files using the latest build (v2.4.2). If there is a VLC sub-folder in the game's path, this VLC is used, if you delete or rename that folder, your VLC installation in "Program Files" ist used. The later variant is recommended for v2.4.2, the former for all older versions.

If you are inside the editors, there are two ways to play a file: If you only have the girlpack, data is streamed from this file via a local http server. If you save a scene to disk this physical copy is used to play the video. Both variants should work with the newest build v2.4.2.

If you are already using the latest version and still got problems, please send me a link for the girlpack. I will run it on my development machine.
nikosk
Scoreville-User

Post by nikosk »

Maybe it's quite off topic, but can/should we use h264-mp4 files when creating girlpacks?
I think it's a very efficient, reliable and easy-to-use format.

Have there been any complains or compatibility issues? Is it "safe" to use it with Scoreville? 8-)
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

My latest change to the local video server made it possible to use newer VLC versions. Just rename the VLC sub-folder of the game, so the version installed in your \ProgramFiles is used. If you downloaded v2.4.2 of the game you can try to load MP4 files. I only have one girlpack using this format, so please go ahead and check it out.
nikosk
Scoreville-User

Post by nikosk »

ok then.
I'll make a girlpack with mp4s and if it works for me, I'll upload it for others to do some testing too.
tomcat0815
Administrator

Post by tomcat0815 »

Don't worry, it works. I've already made ​​some packs with MP4.
nikosk
Scoreville-User

Post by nikosk »

Thank you for your answer but I'm afraid I will need some more assistance.
I created a girlpack with mp4 videos. Most of them using Handbrake, one with Windows Movie Maker.
Unfortunately, none of them will play ingame (except a couple of weird exceptions).
All the files play perfectly in VLC and MPC.

The first time I try to play a video that doesn't play, among a bunch of messages in the console, I get three colored lines:

Code: Select all

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0932ebc0] stream 1, offset 0xa8: partial file
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0932ebc0] Could not find codec parameters (Video: h264, 1605 kb/s)
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0932ebc0] Could not find codec parameters (Audio: aac, stereo, s16, 83 kb/s)
The first one is red, 2nd and 3rd are yellow.
I tried changing the audio codec to mp3 (lame) with the same results.

Is there something else I could try?
Which of the girlpacks is/are in mp4 so I can use it/them as reference?
Thanks!
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

What VLC are you using in the game? Remember, if there is a VLC sub-folder, this (older) version will be used. Rename the folder to "VLC_old" or some-such, and try again.
stheweb
Scoreville-User

Post by stheweb »

nikosk wrote:Thank you for your answer but I'm afraid I will need some more assistance.
I created a girlpack with mp4 videos. Most of them using Handbrake, one with Windows Movie Maker.
Unfortunately, none of them will play ingame (except a couple of weird exceptions).
All the files play perfectly in VLC and MPC.

The first time I try to play a video that doesn't play, among a bunch of messages in the console, I get three colored lines:

Code: Select all

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0932ebc0] stream 1, offset 0xa8: partial file
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0932ebc0] Could not find codec parameters (Video: h264, 1605 kb/s)
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0932ebc0] Could not find codec parameters (Audio: aac, stereo, s16, 83 kb/s)
The first one is red, 2nd and 3rd are yellow.
I tried changing the audio codec to mp3 (lame) with the same results.

Is there something else I could try?
Which of the girlpacks is/are in mp4 so I can use it/them as reference?
Thanks!
if you use Windows Moviemaker? I do also - why don´t you save the vids as .wmv? Moviemaker can do it. I always save all my Scenes as .wmv.
Never had a Problem. It´s very easy. Only say - save as and choose .wmv
nikosk
Scoreville-User

Post by nikosk »

ok666 wrote:What VLC are you using in the game? Remember, if there is a VLC sub-folder, this (older) version will be used. Rename the folder to "VLC_old" or some-such, and try again.
Well, I feel sooooo stupid right now! :lol:
I never realiased that the local subfolder has priority over the system-installed version.
Thanks a lot!!! :respekt:
stheweb wrote: if you use Windows Moviemaker? I do also - why don´t you save the vids as .wmv? Moviemaker can do it. I always save all my Scenes as .wmv.
Never had a Problem. It´s very easy. Only say - save as and choose .wmv
You're absolutely right, WMM and wmv is the obvious way to go.
But.... when i have to squeeze a big pair of bouncing boobs in a 1500kb/s video, I want (almost) full control of the compressing process. Due to the Licensing "habits" of Microsoft, there are no free applications to give me that ability for the creation of wmv videos. It's WMM or some other expensive (or cracked) video processing application.
On the other hand, free codecs like mpeg2, xvid, h264 etc, are used widely by software developers who are creating free software. So I don't believe we will ever find a free app of the level of Handbrake, to support wmv.
So, both being excellent codecs, with h264 I have better tools to make the best possible use of the "allowed" bitrate. ;-)

Off topic:
Something interesting I noticed with WMM: when you are saving as mp4, it completely ignores the profile setting you chose bitrate-wise. The bitrate of the resulting video is almost always much lower with an obvious impact to the quality.
ok666
Scoreville-User

Post by ok666 »

nikosk wrote:Well, I feel sooooo stupid right now! :lol:
I never realiased that the local subfolder has priority over the system-installed version.
Thanks a lot!!! :respekt:
Yes, this was very neccessary until I figured out why the newer VLC versions didn't work with the game. And you are welcome.